How will you know when your baby is ready to take on the wonderful world of solid foods?
Registered Nutritionist Catherine Lippe explains the key signs to look out for when deciding if your baby is ready….
Your baby should….
1. Be able to stay in a seated position and hold their head upright
2. Have hand-eye co-ordination allowing them to pick up food and move it to their mouth
3. Be able to swallow the food offered
Look for a combination of these signs and remember that the recommended age for introducing solid foods is around 6 months.
If you are getting ready for weaning and would like to learn more about the best first foods, portion sizes and how to develop good eating habits for your baby from the off, our Mummy Space nutritionist can help. Catherine delivers private weaning workshops for you and your mummy friends and is offering 15% off all weaning workshops when you quote #themummyspace
Here’s what’s included:
* The 2 hour weaning workshop at a time and location to suit you,
* An, up to date, evidence-based approach to weaning; what’s best for your baby and how to develop good eating habits from the start
* Information packs including top tips and hints for weaning,
* Menu planners to guide you with the change in routine, how to manage milk feeds and ensure your baby is getting what they need
* Over 100 recipes to cover all stages of weaning
* Unlimited follow up support with Catherine so you have an expert to answer all your questions throughout the entire weaning process
So if you’re embarking on the weaning journey soon please get in touch with Catherine and don’t forget to quote #themummyspace to claim your discount