Self-care, it’s one of those things we can often put at the bottom of our
Of course we’re not suggesting you neglect your little one/s for the sake of getting your nails done, but we do think your child/ren benefit from witnessing your own self care as much, if not more than you do. Here’s our thinking…..
- Your daughter sees you caring for yourself and learns that she is important and she must look after herself too.
- Your son sees you keep fit, attend to your hobbies and get out with your friends and learns that his partner has the right to do these things too – he is a better partner for it and will have happier relationships.
- All your children see you take time out for yourself, they learn that you respect yourself and they will respect you too.
- You take out time to look after your fitness , then to your children, keeping fit and looking after your health is a normal thing for adults to do – in turn they look after themselves and it is a life long habit.
- You get some time out to do something you love or see a friend you value and you are a happier Mummy – your child wants this more than anything else in the world, the consequence it, they are happier too.
- Your partner sees you valuing yourself and he/she is more likely to value you also – you have a better relationship and your children feel more secure and enjoy a more harmonious home.
These are the reasons we feel you need to give yourself time to keep fit, see your friends and keep up with a hobby – it’s not just for your sake, it’s a really important part of their happiness and learning too.